Friday, May 13, 2011

OMG, I made a skirt!!!!

Finally, an actual almost finished wearable item!!! I made a skirt today, everything is done but the hem - am letting the skirt hang overnight before hemming. It's a very simple elastic waist Simplicity pattern (I'd give you the number, but I'm too lazy to get off the sofa and find the envelope...) I got the fabric at Gorgeous Fabrics and really love it - cotton with a bit of spandex. And it is definitely not a conservative print - this CPA likes her colors... I took a couple of pics, sorry for the ultra-white legs and the t-shirt that doesn't match...Also took a pic of my dining room window and the other fabric from Africa. I think I'm going to buy some wide elastic and just make a few "20 minute" skirts that were so popular in sewing blog-land last summer..

I think I will make another 1 or 2 of this pattern - it was easy and it's comfortable. Plus, now that I've gone through the trouble of adjusting it to fit my rectangle body, I might as well get some more use out of this pattern!!!

Happy sewing everyone!!!





Curtain:


Fabric without the sun behind it:




3 comments:

KC said...

The fabric is lovely! What fun to sew with it!

Karen in VA said...

Thank you!!!! My plan is to go to Hancocks on Monday and buy the wide elastic to make up some of that fabric into skirts.

Suzanne said...

BEAUTIFUL KAREN YAYAYAYAYAAY!